Sunday 16 March 2014

"All colours go together"


It has been incredibly beautiful weather lately. Lots of sunshine and warmth, even though at times I felt bit of a chill in the air but still... definitely feels like spring. We are not far, almost there. And my hexagon quilt which I started last year for Olivia is no where near complete.


So this spring I want to start working on this quilt again. As I see colours everywhere now blooming in the sunshine I also need to work in my garden. For last two year garden got a bit neglected.


I have now a little helper so lots of garden planning is also going on.And while I am still enjoying the sunshine, I cant help myself but think of colour. Colour for my garden and colour inside. I just love colour and flowers...


...So I pulled out some of the fabrics I had. If you read my last blog post you must have seen the Mollie Makes special edition was out and I got very inspired by "Katharina Woman's quirky, Bavarian apartment photographs. Her house is a riot of colour and there is a common feature in between us and that is the love for gypsy-caravan style. There is a gypsy soul hidden in me which shouts colour all the time.


Therefore, I decided to make myself a Bohemian style Quilt.


 For a long time I have been thinking to make one but did not have the courage to take on such a big project.

But enough is enough. I had to get my gypsy soul happy by making this very colourful quilt!


So there I was. I have cut and sewn the blocks in strips but still have to cut few of them straight as you can see. but at least I have started and have made a promise to complete these two quilts before I even think of any other quilt. Knowing myself its not going to be easy but at least it will push me to finish mine and Olivia's quilt this year.


After all that sewing and gardening had to go out for a walk and enjoy the sunshine, as you know it can be all dark and depressing next week.


So went to Staunton Harold Reservoir. Ten minutes drive away from us and I love the end of the walk where you can even find a mini beach.



I love sitting down here, watching the ducks swim


Hubby and Emily made sandy hills and stuck some twigs on them.




It is amazing what you can sometimes find just within minutes of drive away from home. Even a sandy beach Well we have been enjoying lots of sunshine and colour lately and I am up for mixing all different colours inside and outside my house this year as all colours go together.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post!
    Your quilt will be fab- u-lous! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs B. I so hope to finish my quilts this year. X

    ReplyDelete