Thursday 12 December 2013

Christmas Make at Hope and Elvis




Last weekend, I went to "Hope & Elvis" which is run by the lovely "Louise Presley" for Christmas make workshop. With a hope.......



....... of making a bunting or an angel.



Some ladies were already picking their fabrics; lots to choose from. Have never known someone so generous as Louise Presley, who is never stingy about letting us take as much material as we would like to use.


Just not this trunk full of fabric scraps, there are piles and piles of vintage fabric, threads, buttons, ribbons........... Name it: and she has it! If you can't find anything: Just ask- she will happily get it for you!




This side of studio, is where the boss sits and works on her own designs. How lovely and organised this space is!


Lots of sewing machines for the girls to work on!


Mouth-watering cake, mince pie, biscuits and sweets; with a choice of coffee or tea; served whole day long!


Aw, so cute! Every time I've been to Hope & Elvis, I feel like bringing this cute little thing home with me.



Finally chose my fabrics, and only chose a few (only joking) of these vintage, Christmas prints. And started working on my make of the day.





By the way, I just LOVE this little pin cushion.



Someone was having so much fun that she accidentally dipped her angel head in her cup of tea! 


Nicola made a pretty Christmas tree bunting, which I also intended to make earlier that morning, or a Christmas stocking........


..... So I started patching my favourite pieces of fabric. Some of which was printed on with the Christmas prints you saw earlier on.
Time for lunch! Diane and Lynda set up the table.



Look at all that lovely food and wine! (Non alcoholic by the way)


Cheers Girls!
(Miss Deb, Louise Presley, Lynda, Nicola and Diane!)


My intentions were to patch a piece of fabric, then to cut out stocking or tree shapes. Thanks to Louise for spoiling us with abundance of fabric, that my piece became so big. So big that miss Debs, took it down on the floor, but I was not the only one on the floor! 



Rachel and Louise (Asher) were also with me on the floor.


I loved Louise's bunting so much, that I decided to leave my long term patch-work lap blanket (that's how it ended up as) and finally made a bunting for myself.



Unfortunately ran out of time, so didn't manage to finish my second make (bunting) on that day. Miss Deb's and other ladies on my table kept telling me: no more then five pieces! Well I did stick to that, but still my bunting came home unfinished.
Best of all, had a wonderful day making, eating, laughing and on top of all that, I made some new friends!
Sorry a bit delayed post, but better now then never!







4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post about our Christmas making day! Lovely to meet you too.....is the bunting finished yet? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY SUJATA!
    WHAT A FABULOUS WORKSHOP - LOVING THE WAY YOUR BLANKET IS LOOKING - I THINK YOU DID SOOOO WELL TO START TWO PROJECTS - I RARELY GET ANYTHING FINISHED IN A WORKSHOP!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. XXDI

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you've joined us in blog land.
    Thanks for the link, am linking mine to your lovely blog now!
    Fab makes by the way!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to meet you - I am still giggling about your enormous quilt! I have to confess that it was I that dipped Lyn's Angel in the tea! !!! We had a great day didn't we - hope to see you again soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete